R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FlySky FS-GT3B radio
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 AM
MR2NR
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by skree
using the charge socket you're stuck with standard, dumb slow tx chargers. There is circuitry within the GT3b that prevents proper peak detecting chargers from working.

one person put a 2 pin receiver battery type plug on some short leads on the battery box inside the radio. Open the battery door, plug it into any multicharger like the accucel 6 types, set charging settings and away you go.

The best, although by far the most expensive way, is to get a Maha charger, preferably an 8 cell one. Then remove the batteries every time you charge. Maha C800-S will cost you about $75 but is the optimum charger for the cells. It peaks each cell individually so ensures the balance of the cells and means no cell will be overcharged - which can happen as cells do slightly go out of balance when in a pack.

I've got battery holders i use on the multicharger i use to charge my model's batteries just like Racer X8000 says.. does the job, its basically the same as putting a connector on the radio's battery tray. It isn't 100% ideal for the batteries - it will shorten their life somewhat compared to the maha.. but $75 buys a lot of ready to use (lsd) AA nimhs.

...and Skree wins the most helpful post for me award !!

I got my FlySky from Hobbypartz and bought their NiMh AA's to get the free shipping. Would really love it if they sold the cheap trickle CHARGER to go with it!!!

Ya I have a brand new Duratrax/Onyx 210 Charger with the RX batt charger and don't know if it will do well with AA's but need the adapter for it anyways (I have no idea the plug size as I have not got my TX yet but have heard that it's the same size Futaba uses). I just don't want to have to mess around with taking the battery's out. I really don't care if it takes a while to charge the Tx as I usually don't go more than 2 hours a run and could put a timer on the charger and If I want to go longer I will just get more AA's

I found this but don't know if it will work with my 210 but I can go down to .8 Amps Will the Tx block it?
http://www.amazon.com/Tx-Charge-Adap.../dp/B0015H1ARO

Last edited by MR2NR; 09-12-2011 at 09:09 AM.