R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:27 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Well first off, there will be plenty of racers a lot faster than me to watch at iic
I do my best as a local, but there is some serious talent at the BIG events, really looking forward to getting my butt kicked, and learning some new tricks.

The first few days with the inline car have been up and down so far.
Seems like I have to take the line it wants, when I try to drive it like my old car, it's not as consistent. More work to do...

When testing lipo packs, the 2nd run of the day has been the best.
The 3rd run tapers off slightly, I don't run my race packs more than twice a day. But I have some older MD practice packs that I hammer pretty hard & they still have the same numbers for nearly a year now.

I have just started using the TRC tires, on the track they feel the same as Jaco/Parma, with a slightly different offset for front and rear. however they only offer high rubber type at this time. i.e. Magenta, Pink types.

Some tracks or conditions require synthetic type tires. i.e. Yellow, Black.
So for that it's Jaco/Parma, CRC also have all the types of tires, and are easier to find than Jaco/Parma lately. The CRC rear wheel offset is close to 0, so you will have to remove nearly all axle shims to squeeze those wheels into the 172mm rule, with an AE car.

If you want a 1s MD 4.0 setup the way mine is, or have any questions about MurfDogg products, contact Matt at MurfDogg
or visit
http://www.murfdogg.com/

btw
I don't know if AE plan on coming out with the full inline kit, I would assume they will though.
Not even sure if they will call it a 5.2, but I like the sound of 5.2 so that's what I'm calling it till I hear different

Hope that answers all the questions you posted.

As always, feel free to ask anything you need to get back into 12th scale.
Mr. Berger, You have always been a WEALTH of set-up info. You were one of the FAST guys when I started MANY years ago. One of my first years of competitive 12th scale, was spent running your Nissan. Thanks for reppin' 12th scale through the years.