R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Dasmopar
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I just want to play. Enjoy some good close racing and get in some laughs ! Who wants to set around making and up dating list, much less climb all over everyones car to make sure everything matchs the present list?
I agree. Making a list of every motor under 250 dollar would be a huge list I'm guessing. Even a 3 port non-turbo plug list would be pretty big. As a local club I think we can police our own. Heck look how we all check over everone's cars now. I really don't think this is going to become a class where we need a tech guy. No one is in this class too push the rules and win by having the best car. Its a fun class and nothing more.

My latest rule submission.

Chassis : Any 1/8 scale pan chassis with no shocks nitro powered car.
No suspension cars with locked out shocks af any type. All suspension arms muct be fixed to the chassis with no axis of movement.

Straight axle cars from past run whatever motor and which ever body.

Modern pan cars with adjustable camber and toe run GT bodies.

Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires : Any commercially available foam based tires allowed.
All tires must fit under the body. (No addition of wheel flares)

No electronics may be added to aid in vehicle stability. (Matt Taylor rule)

Any .21 3 port non-turbo engine.

Regular price suggested to be under $250 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.) Engines bought on clearance price or sales should not be used if normaly priced over $250.00

Points will be awarded just like they are awarded in the midwest series. 20 for Qual. 80 for the main.