R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Powers Brushless
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
yeah, I have since come full circle on my skepticism about team powers. It's solid stuff and I retract those earlier statements.

I have no experience with them myself but they might be great or might be c**p but they are definitely not made by them either way(batteries)...
Not making the stuff themselves shouldn't matter if their product is top notch and a great price. However, when you brand label stuff, inevitably you end up being in competition with other companies who have the same product so then it comes down to price. I certainly would not buy their batteries over Gens Ace for example unless they were the same price and/or close in price but had much better customer service.

I would suspect the motors and ESC are not made by them either but you never know.

There is a lot of costs involved in developing your own products, doing the R&D (engineers, production,etc...), marketing, etc.... It's much cheaper to go to an OEM and just get them to tweak their product perhaps and put your label on it.

That's why there are only a few that do it like Tekin, Novak and a few others.
Everyone else from Speed Passion to Orion just brand label stuff...