R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:18 PM
mellen_mpz
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
I will post a couple of pics tonight. I just know running a Tekin 1900Kv in 90+ degree heat for 15-min, geared 15/44t, is a little taxing on the motor. We typically run large outdoor tracks and noticed guys running the Tekno style chassis were running much cooler. I thought that this could mean two things:

1.) When temping the motor one is actually measuring the external temperature of the Tekno motor mount heatsink and that the internal temperature of the motor is actually much hotter.

AND/OR

2.) The Tekno motor mount heatsink pulls a lot of heat out of the motor (and perhaps distributing it through the chassis).

So I wanted to find some extra cooling. This Losi heat sink is HUGE and seems to be purpose built. I will mount it with some thermal paste and see what happens. It is cooling off here in CO now and our race season will end in October so is not really needed but figure I would see what needs to be done to make it work and share. Cheers!
Are they running the mechanical brake with the tekno chassis? "Chizzle" runs one of those and has way lower temps than i do since his motor isnt doing any braking.