R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What does stock mean at your track
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 PM
BrodieMan
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
There isn't really a class they call "stock", here in Toronto. There are a couple of clubs around that offer a slow and a fast touring car class though. The slow one that could be called "stock", they call "GT2" around here and the rules can vary a little from club to club, but it's generally 21.5 blinky with some variations on FDR and/or battery limits depending on the track. The fast TC class they call "GT1" and at the closest club to me it's 13.5 boosted. The next closest club, "GT1" is open Mod. Consistency between clubs would be nice, but that just isn't the case.

Unless they can all get together and come to a consensus on what "Stock", "Super Stock", "GT1", etc. should mean universally, I would prefer it if they just call the classes exactly what they are, like "17.5 boosted TC". This would help avoid some confusion for new racers (new to the hobby and just new to the area)
Been in contact with a lot of the club organizers in Ontario to try and work out more consistent classes. At K.R.C.R. we are doing open ESC 17.5 TC, GT2 21.5 Spec or "Blinky" ESC and a slight variation on SCAR/TransAm/World GT CHALLENGE with R.O.A.R. World GT specs and 21.5 SCAR & TransAm with Spec ESC or "Blinky". Canadian VTA will be the same as Lou's with 21.5T Spec ESC or "Blinky". When K.R.C.R. opens our outdoor track next summer we will add GT1. I'm trying to make it easier and cheaper to switch from outdoor to indoor between clubs. As D.R.C.R.C. is the closest club to us, we will match their classes as much as possible.

It would be great if the "Turns" rating was ditched for kV range ratings.