R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 12:12 AM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Need help with back end spinning out on a sweeper.

Originally posted by markp27
Check for tweak too - follow the explinations in the FAQ.
Side tracking for a little bit... Just a word of caution. Me and crashed_1 found that with our beaten up worn out chassis, you cannot get correct droop settings left to right as the bottom of the chassis tends to wear out on one side only. This is especially true in the rear side. Not so apparent in the front.

When the chassis is supported on the droop gauge block, due to the unevenness of the chassis, you will measure different droop even though your droop gauges measure equal left and right side.

What I do when I set rear droop for example is if I find my chassis wears more on the left side (due to right side turns), I set my right side rear droop with the droop gauges first. Then I put equal size rear tires on without shocks or sway bar and do the lifting method till I get the left side tire to lift the same time as the right side. This will make the left and right side droop the same.

While doing this, I do not put any front tires. I let the front tip of the chassis pivot on the flat surface of the setup board when doing the lifting method in the rear. The same lifting method is used when rear shocks and sway bars are put on.

When doing the front, the rear end is allowed to pivot on the rear wheels and rear suspension as this is already determined to be balanced. Same method is done to take left and right front droop but the difference is not too bad as the front side of the chassis wears very little.