R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Cult Racing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I'll be one that doesn't agree with your formula to "WINNING". The BCE chassis is great quality and fine for smaller tracks imo, but I race on a large 1/8 scale track and I've found the weight balance of the BCE chassis to be worse than the stock chassis. The area the BCE lost the most weight was in the rear due to the cut outs but, at least in the first revision, and no adjustments were made to help correct the f/r balance. Even w/ the lipo all the way back it wasn't enough to feel better than the stock over these larger jumps. I did pass this info on to Bill, in hopes of some tweaks down the road.

As it stands I sold my BCE, and my bills are going to the lightened losi as it releases.. though I'm in no hurry my season is ending this week for outdoor racing The new losi chassis seems to follow basic weight distribution better and shouldn't contribute to the front end dipping off large, long jumps. Guess time will tell
sorry to hear that, if you thought the weight that was takin off the rear was to much, why not buy these and place them towards the rear of the chassis/truck?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sis-Weight-3oz