Thread: SC10 4x4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 PM
symmetricon
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sean.hicks.army
Gentlemen,
New to the hobby so bear with me. I am running the Mike Truhe edition Novak in my truck and it seems kinda slow. The truck runs/drives great, but on the straight away I am getting passed like I am standing still. I have a MMP with the 4 pole I believe it was 2900 or 2000 something KV, this motor seemed really slow, like I needed to run more than 2S battery maybe 3 or 4S, I tried changing pinion, but not much more top speed. Question is: THe MMP 4 pole is it enough motor and should it be running pretty fast on a 2S? (maybe the motor is bad) Next question, anybody else found that the novak is a good motor just a little slow, or do you think I might have 2 motors that are bad on the truck. Finaly question: Given what I am running, what should I be running to give me a little more top end without losing the punch that I enjoy so much. Thanks for your help.
Airborne
I woud add some boost or advanced timing with the novak motor, depending on what speed control you are running. try between 10-20 degs between 10000-20000 rpms for the top end.