R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 09-04-2011, 12:50 PM
oldschoolnewb
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgod
Some may not like it but IMO there are more advantages than disadvantages. It's not as easy to drive as stock but motor temps and battery life are better. Stock weight with a 550 motor was 6.8#, mine is currently at 6.0
Not as easy to drive how? I use to be a pretty skilled rc driver and will more than likely pick it back up pretty fast. Is it not as easy to drive because removing weight from the chassis essentially raises the CG? You mean it does not stay as planted at is did?

I suppose if I did not like the performance characteristics of the 200 gram graphite chassis that I could always put a little more weight in with the help of a couple of strips of lead tape.

Humm, there is a good question. Would there be any advantage of pulling weight out of the center of the vehicle (chassis) and redistributing it towards the axles? Perhaps that is why it is easier to pull the nose of the truck up on jumps now? Not so much because it is lighter, but because the more of the over all weight is towards the ends of the chassis instead of the middle of it?

For those suspension geeks out there, what does moving the weight over the axles do to the dynamics of a vehicle. What does it do to the turning and jumping characteristics?