R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing ESC's
Thread: Hobbywing ESC's
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:15 AM
wyl03
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The program box allows you to scroll through and update esc settings via a menu, instead of relying on the SET button and blinking lights. It also allows you to download new firmware, I believe.*
I'm still new to the hobbywing products. Took delivery of a 120a 1s speedy this week. Planned to use it for my 2wd truck and occasionally 1/12.*
Anyway, with stock right out of the box setup, I have had no luck getting it to work with my hw ezrun 4300kv motor. The motor runs but it has no top speed at all. It's worse than a 540 silver can. And after a few minutes, it would stop running. If I didn't know better, I wouldve thought it was temp cut off or low voltage cut off. I have swopped in a Novak ballistic motor and tried different lipo packs but the same problems persist - no top speed and cut off after around 2mins.*
As a last resort, I swopped in my RSPro, keeping all other equipment equal, and it run without any issues. Baffled.
Does anyone have any suggestions on esc setup or configuration that I might have missed. Would be much appreciated. Thanks.