R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I don't know what everyone else is thinking but I feel the class should be open to anyone who wants to run it. Ned, and Lon Sr. seem to think Jeff Z and myself should not be allowed to run it but I can't tell if they are joking or not about it. Jeff and I both feel its a class we could run as a 2nd class without all the work of a sedan or IGT car, plus get more use out of our 4wd parts.
Can't speak for you Dad, but I think anyone should be allowed to run in the class taht wants to run, You and Jeff included. I just don't think you "Pro Type" guys should make the rules. I would like to see fairly restricted rules for a couple of reasons: 1) I want the cars slow enough that more newer and older people have a chance to drive them near the car's limit. Recently we've been running VTA cars on our TC track in SC. TC3's and Losi's and the cars are dead even. We have had 6 or more different drivers drive the cars switch cars, it doesn't matter, the racing is very close and the guys are having FUN. Yeah when you watch the cars run they look stupid slow but when you drive IT'S FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2)If you have to commit to a slower, different looking car that isn't as appealing to the "Pro's" they might want to race for FUN instead of to beat everybody's A%%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize that these ideas won't make sense to very many of y'all and probably many of the Pan car supporters won't like this either. I really like 1/8 scale racing but the 4WDs are just tooooooo fast for me and the scare me (cause I'll crash and have to spend $$ and time to crash again!!! But I'll probably always have one :-)) Or 4!!!

If whoever makes the rules for this stuff would have made a "real" Masters Class with an older age limit, slower cars (carb and/or exhaust restriction?) and not allow drivers to run in both "Open" and "Masters" maybe none of this Pan stuff would have ever been brought up!!!! (Before you start saying the cars require too much set-up, cost too much and all the other bull crap, I went to the WInternats with two Evolvas, two Picco's, and three $20 half painted bodies. Finished 4 of 5 qualifiers, all but a couple minutes of the Main and had a great time. Oh yeah, No fancy set-up tools, mostly eyeball, haven't run 1/8 scale for 10 to 15 years. Yeah I was many seconds off the pace but I finished 4th and did I mention, had a GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!