R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-31-2011, 08:57 PM
barry1me
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
One thing nobody else has mentioned was to check the rear arms for binding. Take the shocks off, and the arms should flop around with ZERO resistance. If your truck is not rebounding, this is the number one cause. several issues is the ends of the arms rubbing on the hingepin holders. I sand mine down so there's just a tiny bit of slop in the arm. Secondly, is dirt entering the arm/hingpin hole, and causing friction. Clean those regularly, and perhaps even ream them till they move like butter. Lastly, is people tighten down the swaybar set screws too tight. Make sure the swaybar flops around freely in the holders.

Suspension bind, IMO, is the biggest issue to getting a truck to handle. When thats taken care of, shock tuning becomes much easier and the changes you make will be more readily apparent. I'd bet if I took 50 SCTE's from guys on this site, and tested them for bind in the suspension....only around 5 would pass. It's a big reason why so many people are so far apart on suspension settups

Edited: Beaten by a faster typer, lol
agreed 100% The first thing I checked when I remove the shocks tonight was to see how well the suspension moved w/o shocks. It seemed very free but I will inspect more once I pull apart my shocks.