R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM
cjtamu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I like a lot of steering. And of course a car that doesn't steer equally left and right is almost undrivable. I do what you said and get everythign as even as possible, but then I go to full lock on both sides and bump back from there. Once I set the droop, etc. I don't think it will hit the support anymore, but we'll see. At a stand still now because I have to use the thick spacer with the Airtronics servo I put in (the one in the car was NOT going to be enough with the 4T), and I need M3 x8 or M3 x 10 screws, which I don't have. Still learning the car, haven't used this style AE shock yet, so I'll look at them this evening. I saw that Reflex has new shock bladders for the TC6, which I assume will work with the TC5 shocks?

I found an old RC Tech thread where John Stranahan was working on setups with LiPo, I'll have to read that. I haven't seen him in about 5 years, since the last fundraising race we did. Bright guy, I'm sure there's a ton of good info in there. Between him and leaning on Cristian I ought to be able to at least get the car to handle passably well. There are a lot of neat features on this car, makes me want to get a look at a TC6 for sure.