R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Electronics
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Lucid
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
Thats a shame you are having some much trouble with the Novak stuff. I have been lucky I guess in the stuff I have run from them, pretty much only had 1 issue.

In general I think every company has had some sort of issues that consumers were not happy with. heck I remember complaints about the Tekin RX8, Castles MMM, and Speed passions Silver Arrow V1. The main thing that had me coming back to these companies when I did was customer service.

When Shawn was still with Speed Passion, the Silver Arrow V1 burned down most of my electrical setup after 20 minutes of running, and he did what he could do to make it right and get me whole again even though official policy with them and other companies is only the speedo is covered, etc.

I think the main thing now I look out for is reliability for sure, but also how long the warranties are going for. Anything short of 1 year warranty and I now avoid the products as with all else being equal as far as customer service goes and quality, if you don't feel comfortable standing behind your product as long (or longer) as the next guy, why should I feel comfortable buying your product?
Who offers a 1 year warranty?
The most I can find is 180 days