R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Electronics
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 PM
R6cj69
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the reason CS is so good at Novak is because they have lots of experience due to products that flat out suck..

I wanted to make the change from CC to Novak because i wanted to go with a sensor based set up on my ST. Right out of the box the blue LED was out and you couldn't program it. Sent it back and was shipped a replacement the next week. Installed the new unit and went to the track. After a few smooth laps i was very impressed with the Novak unit. But then once i was starting to make a few jumps the whole unit was shutting down. Turns out the switch wires going into the ESC were loose. Had to get them in a spot where they were happy and zip tied them to the battery leads. While the first unit was off for repair i bought a new unit for my SC truck. About 5 minutes of running the cap burst and catches fire. Sent it back and Novak sent me a new one. This one didn't even make 30 seconds and the same thing hapened. I contacted Charlie and he was very helpful and understood my frustration. They sent me a brand new havoc SC pro unit with a Ballestic 4.5 motor. I'm sure the new unit would have been fine but I sold that thing as fast as I could. Replaced with a Tekin and havent looked back.

I'm still running the second unit with the wire problem but as soon as it goes bad it will be replaced with a tekin also.