R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Electronics
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Jason B
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

These types of problems aren't unique to Novak, unfortunately. I had a number of Novak speedos (original SS brushless system with the 4300 motor and a GTB system) and thankfully they all held up, but I watched more than a few of the original GTB's go up in smoke and flames. I had constant issues with the original LRP Sphere, and a Tekin RS Pro that I ordered a few months ago had a charred circuit board right out of the box.

How and why these issues escape QA has long been a question of mine. I'm currently running an LRP SXX which has been nothing but great to me: it's butter smooth and it's been reliable, but I remember trying to deal with LRP's customer service when I had issues with the Sphere, and it was a royal pain. Send it in, wait 6 - 8 weeks (no quick turnaround at all like Novak), and get the same problem back in the mail. I've never had to work with Novak, but I've heard nothing but good things about Charlie & co. Same with Tekin. Hopefully LRP's service has improved. I wasn't crazy about buying the SXX, but I wanted a smooth ESC with a low profile so I bit the bullet.

I get your frustration... I was consistently pissed off with my first Sphere and it totally saps the enjoyment out of the hobby. Stick with it and see what Novak can do to help you out.