R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland"
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 10:50 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
There's has to be a little bit of track time to get used to the layout and start a groove.

Maybe 4 hours of class specific practice with time limits if there's a line and time slots based on number of racers for that class. The Novak race was done like this and it worked quite well.

Then move right into 5 or 6 rounds of qualifying.

Something different, not a bad idea. I always wish i had one more qualifier because i finally seem to figure things by round 4.

FYI Ian, there are numerous people that like to attend this race and can not drive due to distance. Seeing this race is over Thanksgiving week flights are at a premium for space and money. Please, Please, Please announce details in March or April each year so those of use that fly can make early arrangements. I would have like to attend this year but there are zero flights that work know from area unless you want to pay $600 which i just can't do.
All good input, Thanks!!! We'll try to get details up earlier for next year. I guess we take for granted that we always schedule the same week each year, sorry. I realize now that knowing whether or not you need to be there Wednesday can be a factor for many.