R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anyone read: Clash Of The Titans in Car Action Mag?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
AZBOB
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prestondan
Pretty typical "xyz vs abc" article, except the guy from Novak was too polite. He seemed more genuine in his love for all RC, while the nitro expert clearly stated his bias.

I'm an electric guy...but I have no issue at all with nitro. If I had a different situation I would like to have a nitro 1/8 buggy or two. Electric just fits my lifestyle. I race with a few nitro guys and have never heard a negative comment about electric rc's...I'm sure there are some being made somewhere, but I hardly think it's an issue dividing the hobby or causing anyone to stay away.

I guess they had to write about something, but I really don't think the "nitro/electric" debate is a hot topic.

Next month it will be "basher/racer" or "Traxxas/every other brand"...

Good mag though, for a hobby that is not real controversial and is full of people that are by and large friendly and inclusive to everyone...it has to be tough to continue to publish interesting articles, but they do a good job.
thats a good point about the tekin guy (Jim Campbell) "genuine in his love for all RC"
i love all RC, but dont have an endless supply of RC money. has anybody had to buy carpet lately? i coulda had some serious stuff for my VE8 on the way plus that new Savage XS thats coming out plus a new 3Dtv