R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PRO AMPS LIPOS
Thread: PRO AMPS LIPOS
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 01:56 AM
tommi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Had a chance carry out a real testing session with the Pro Amps 5500Mah 60C batteries 2 days back, running a SP 17.5T MMM motor on HW Xtreme Stock blinky.

Initially, I was taking the test session with a pinch of salt, having tested batteries of different makes and different specs; O*C* 5500mah 60C, M*X*MP* 6500mah 150C, and H*G* 6000mah 65C, which most of the time gave good burst and power in the first 3-4 minutes in the early cycles, and that "CHARGED" period subsequently went shorter after a few cycles..and yeah, that includes the "HEAVY-WEIGHT" 150C batt as well.

Back to the Pro Amps, first impression - the batt is almost of the same weight with the O, which is considered light as compared to the M and H batteries I've tried.

Power is very consistent and punchy, can really feel the TRUE, CONSTANT 60C rating. Where other brands of 60/65/150C suffer a dip in punch after 2-3 mins, Pro Amps continues to supply the similar bursting power felt even up to the 5-minute mark. (which I honestly admit that most quality brands do when they are NEW, but definitely not for long)

At the track where the car used to top-out towards the 3/4 end of the straight and the speed stayed plateau, with the Pro Amps (same FDR), it felt like the car is still accelerating even after hitting the usual top speed as experienced before with the other batteries. Need to put the battery through more cycles and see if it holds up well..am very interesting to find that out.

All in all, a very good early impression of the battery, am surprised at the power-to-weight ratio, and for a 5500mah, it actually gave a very good run time and held up like a 6000mah. Bold statement to make, but I'm finding it very much better than the Other battery I had.