R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ralf Burch Joins Kyosho!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Ducati998
Tech Regular

Originally posted by 840918001
Ralf used on his winning impulse:
- 4 mm thick plate;
- X-ray cvd's;
- Aluminium screws;
- Polished bearings (x-ray) instead of the stock bearings;
- Different turnbuckles (titanium);
- Different brake disk (ultra cool);
- Aluminium shock bodies;
- Adjustable swaybar (rear);
- Aluminium swaybar bevels (front);

He made a modification to the front bulkheads of the car to have more setup options!

It's not a good sine that you will have to change so many parts of the car to win!

These are only chassis mods, I haven't noticed the enige yet!
Don't think the engine was a stock Nova Mega engine!
It defenitly had a lot of modifications!

I can understand that this maybe upset a lot of drivers, but if you're not a factory driver than it will be more difficult to win whit the Serpent cars.
Like I mention on my last post I'm sorry if I offended you, you don't have to be so defensive. I'm glad you actaully did some research on what mod Ralf used on his Impulse. If you know how to count most of those part are used to increase the durability, plus he drove a Serpent Impulse not a Serpent 705 in the race, hope I'm right, I think the Impulse had came out for a while and I'm sure you probably need to mod the car a bit to keep up with more updated car. Are you also saying that Serpent only company that modify there cars and other company run there car stock? Also you look at every factory driver out there, the engine those guy run is modify to the max, that it will still be legal, I don't think only the Serpent guy do that with their Novamega. There a reason why a Serpent 710 cost more then a Ntc3 and a regular Mtx-3 not saying the Mtx-3 or the NTC3 are bad cars. Also there a reason why so many guys agree that Serpent don't need aftermarket part but I don't see any guy agree that Serpent need alot of aftermarket part. My guess is that you probably haven't seen a Serpent car in life yet. Don't you guys just love it when peoples out there haven't seen or driven a car and they have so much bad feedback about the car?? A guy like you should stay away from thread that ask peoples for advice to see what car to get, unless you have the car then you can give your opinion. And like Sow&Steady said comment you make is not help promoting more peoples into this hobby, you are makeing peoples stay away from this hobby. If your not a factory driver it will still be difficult to win races with any car. R/C company out there does not just pick any guy up and have them race for them, those factory guy do have some skill and they know what there doing. With good equipment and a good car the company provide for a skilled driver, any regular guy will still have difficult trying to beat the factory guy, but it still possible but the chance it pretty slim and that why you usually see factory guy name on the A main race result not just some regular guy name on the the race result. Maybe is time for you to wake up??? And sorry I do not wear glasses. Here a tip next time just think before you post because what you posted all along was bull$hit, your so stubborn. Your tying too hard to prove that your right, all you need to be right is some intelligance, which I think you don't have.

Last edited by Ducati998; 06-26-2004 at 11:06 PM.