R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 AM
The Big Wig
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
thought I'd post some picks of my X1 up.

Firstly, excuse the yellow wire (although I don't think it goes too badly with the gold anodising), but it was the thinnest the shop had! I've got some black 16AWG on the way for the motor to limit pod infulence, but I'm tempted to keep the power wires yellow....

Other points... yes, I've got a big square LiPo in there, so have the pain of having to take off the top deck to get it in and out. What I have done is mount in all the posts, but at the moment only use the two forward most holes. Also, where I've got the heavy pivot post fitted, I've removed the spacers, and replaced with alloy ones so I can use a nut to lock the screws in place

Battery movement forward is stopped by a small piece of cut of plastic servo taped to the chassis, and the ESC and reciver mounts, which placed on the posts, and servo taped to the cells... Does mean I can shift the cells a long way forward if required for balance.

Only other thing I did (as I really didn't like it!) was remove some material from the top of the ESC/Reciever mounts, so the O-ring sits just under flush on the post, so as not to apply any pressure to the top deck.

Otherwise, thats it... roll on this weekend to try some more bits out!

Ed
Can U remove your motor without taking the pod assembly appart when using the motor spacer (wich is by the way mounted backwards)?