R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SC10 RS vs. XXX-SCT
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
thecman26
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gamehendge
Hey everyone, so I know the SC10 vs. XXX-SCT has been discussed ad nauseum, but with the advent of the SC10 Race Spec model, I can't find much comparison. What I do find is SC10 FT vs. XXX-SCT discussion.

So, here's the deal. I'm from the old school...late 80's racing and I was an AE fanboy. But, Losi and AE were the big guys and I still have the most respect for them. Well, as I said I just got back into the hobby and bought a solid basher to get re-accustomed to driving an RC car (Rustler). I'm happy with my decision, but an amazing outdoor course is opening on Long Island, NY; Gilligan's Raceway, so I want to start racing again. The last time I raced was with a TQ10 (RC10 graphite) in 89/90.

Now, money is a huge limitation, so the FT SC10 is simply not an option. I just cant afford to buy all the other parts, even though I'd love to build the kit and really learn about my car inside and out. So, that narrows it down to the SC10 RS or XXX-SCT. Forget about Kyosho or HPI; Losi and AE are my final choices. So my question, which should I go for? SC10 is already brushless, XXX I would have to upgrade which would probably make the XXX more expensive than the SC10 RS in the long run. I don't care about winning...yet. I just want to race and learn. LiPo isn't a concern for me yet. I want to learn how to race brushless and get good.

I've heard SC10 turns better but XXX has better rear traction. So, now I defer to you, oh wise ones, to help me on my path to short course awesomeness.

What to do???

Thanks,
Adam

Kyosho Ultima SC-R, best SCT out there hands down!

If you have your heart set on an RTR, the Ultima SC is an RTR, and at $170 its a steal!

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...t-Course-Truck