R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TT01D Questions - PLEASE HELP
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:36 PM
RcEnThUsIaSt123
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wollow86
TA05 series cars seem a good popular option for getting into drifting. One of the main things for you to think about is drift hop ups available.

Things like overdrive and underdrive setups. Extra steering throw mods. Diff options and mods. These things are what you need to consider with a future drift car. And because the TA05 is popular, there will be plenty of walkthroughs, parts and advice available for it.

I'm terms of motor and speed control. The theory is that a higher turn motor = more torque is slightly flawed as you can generate more torque with gearing on a lower turn motor, but it us difficult to add extra rpm in a higher turn motor. I've drifted using 27t and 20t brushed setups and 10.5t brushless setups and the 10.5 had more torque and more rpm. Because I could gear it tall, and the motor had plenty of rpm on a 2s lipo.

Speed controller isn't as important with drift, but I would suggest a sensored setup if you go brushless, they have a little better feel to them. You can get stock setups like the speed passion cirtix combo cheap. About $100.

Hope that helps.
I looked up that car I've never heard of the speed passion combo. Is it relative in quality to cars such as the ta05