R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "How To Properly Build And Break In a Ball Differential and Slipper Clutch"
Old 08-22-2011, 05:21 PM
NLpurplelambo43
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That was great! I liked it. No shock oil in the shocks, I am guessing. I love the blue RPM, though I would never run it.

So when I went to the track 2 weeks ago, I set my truck on the ground and it wouldn't get up to speed whatsoever. Sounded exactly like the slipper slipping, tightened and tightened the slipper nothing happened. Tightened the diff and helped a lot, a guy came to look at my truck to help me (my radio didn't work well with the Savox servo, cutting out) felt my diff after I had already tightened it down about 2-3 or so turns and said it was loose. Took my truck and tightened it how much it needed to be tightened and that was that. I never got to drive my truck slowly that much because I was frantic trying to figure things out, but the diff still feels nice. I just don't get why it never "barked" but sounded like a slipper, though the slipper needed to be turned way more than 3 1/2 turns from sitting flush (I have to check it again when I get my new DX3C).

So after the 3 races, should I tighten the diff maybe a 1/16 of a turn?

One other thing, when I was oiling my bearings in the transmission. I tried to take the seal off of the smaller black shielded bearing but it was basically a plastic. Why would they do that? I actually had to get the seal off of one because a couple of my tips of an X-Acto knife broke off in it trying to get it off. So now when I have to rebuild my diff I'll replace the bearing. I just don't get why they did that. I do want a Boca ceramic set, but woah. Expensive.