R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hacker or Casper, Asked this a couple weeks ago and never got response. I got the adjustable hinge pin holder f/r. I must have gotten lucky as I noticed a difference in the handling on the truck after installed. Explain how it affects handling. I know in the rear of the truck I used .5mm outward on the rear holder and .5mm in the up position in the front hinge pin holder in hte rear and do not remember how I installed it in the front. How does the different settings affect the setup of the truck?
For the rears the front one adjusts antisquat and the rear ones control rear toe in.

0 for the front one is 2deg of antisquat (stock setting) You can increase or decrease the amount of antisquat from there. WE are running 1's up for max antisquat these days.

Rear toe 0's are 3 deg of toe which is stock. Most run stock but Aaron has played with a little less toe (.5's in) for ~2.5 deg of toe to unlock the rear a little for certain conditions.

Front we run 0's which is the stock setting. Techincally you could effect roll center but moving the inserts the same moving the pivot point of the arms up or down relative to the chassis but as the little insert that comes with them shows it is really for adjusting the kick angle of the from arms. This not only effets the kick but overall caster of the truck. Again we have tested other settings but like the stock setting of 0's all around best.