R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Thanks Casper, I appreciate it a lot. By the way just a little update on the truck. I got mine in the beginning of June. I have put about 50 packs probably through it! Not once has a single thing broken or failed on this truck yet!!! (Knock On Wood) I do spend a few hours during the week doing the required maitenance on it but other than that the truck looks like new. I personally think this is one of the strongest and well built cars/trucks I have ever owned! I did replace the diff pins at the very beginning and still running the same ones. Thanks Chris Atteberry! This truck really is great out of the box, and fun to drive. Although I hate to say it in here but the Durango's get around the track pretty good too, and the Associateds I guess are sort of getting there! I do know one thing, and that is if I have a problem with the RC8 I do not get the help on here like the TLR guys provide! For that reason I think a good winter project is in order for a new 8ight to build during the winter!!! Come on Casper, give me a hint if I should buy a new 8ight 2.0 or wait for a new release this winther?

Anyways, Casper has helped me out with a baseline setup for the SCB and hit it almost on the money. Spent more time with it last night doing and tweaking what he said and that thing comes alive and am close to getting it where it needs to be! Thanks Casper and Ryan you guys help me out a lot with the setups and info you provide!

I stuck it out a few months ago not being able to get some parts and being frustrated, but now I got the parts stock piled for the SCTE and love running this truck!

A TLR chassis and a new 4600 Pro4 and this thing will be a beast. I just need to learn how to drive it now!!!
Glad you are getting the cars all dialed in. Always happy to know you guys are having fun with your cars. Losi has really done well with the cars it has been relasing of late. They are durable and fast. The Durango's do get around the track well when they are moving! They do have a good truck but the SCTE is as good or better in all area's IMO.

As for the 8th scale stuff. I am just a driver. I don't know what the future holds for TLR with the 8ight line. I did drive a 8ight-E 2.0 and loved it. It is a great car.