R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by BIGBOT
Just got a new TC6 and am in the process of building it and I have a few questions. All of my turnbuckle eyelets are realy tight, I noticed that they all have a little number on them what is this? and are they supposed to snap on a certain way? Also have a question about a setup that I saw on the associated site by Keven Hebert, I have heard from some of the local guys that some of the setups that he has listed work well at our track most of it is pretty clear to me but don't understand the shock piston set up it says 1,1,1.5 3hole the pistons that came with my car are labeled 1 2 and 3 maybe some one could shead some light on this for.
Thanks
Regarding the turnbuckle eyelets, simple take some needle nose pliers and give the eyelets a little squeeze while installed on the ballstuds... if you squeeze them in a couple different places they should free up nicely. The turnbuckles should move freely so that they do not bind up the suspension movement.

Regarding the pistons: They are custom drilled pistons, using the 1/10 blank pistons (# 6463) and a 1.0 mm drill bit and a 1.5 mm drill bit. Two holes drilled out with the 1.0 mm bit and one hole with the 1.5 mm bit.

If that sounds a little too involved, there are a number of setups that sucessfully employ the use of the the stock #2 associated pistons to good effect.

Hope this helps!