R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "How To Properly Build And Break In a Ball Differential and Slipper Clutch"
Old 08-21-2011, 12:07 AM
NLpurplelambo43
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by notch johnson
Best way to break it in is Run it at around half throttle on a high bite surface for 3 minutes ... pop the camber link and tighten it and then back off an 1/8th of a turn.

I like to take an old dog bone and cut it in half and use a drill to break it in "slave style" If your in the middle of a competition. Use Carbide balls ALWAYS
There is no "best way", only personal preference.

Though I don't see the point of doing it "slave" style. You mean so you don't have interference with other radios? With 2.4ghz it's not usually ever a problem, though it's good track etiquette to turn and keep your radio off in the pits.

Why use Carbide ALWAYS? Once again, it's all about personal preference.

Racer53, the new videos are great. I like that there is actual humor. The sound quality is ten times better. I will be getting a pro kit from B-Fast soon. I love the yellow links! You know there were a set of those same Rolux wheels on sale for $2 at one of my hobby shop's clearance bin (four rear wheels in yellow) for the B4. Don't know if that was a good deal or not, but seemed like it.