R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SIDE PULLIES
Thread: SIDE PULLIES
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 PM
rx7ttlm
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The standard for touring car is to run a smaller front tire for more steering, better response and less traction roll. Also the rear tire wears faster than the front in 98% of cases. So this allows us to start with a ratio closer to 1:1 with tire diameter compensation. So with my 25 tooth mid pully and an 18 tooth aft the overdrive is 104%, but sometimes its handy to put on say a 26 tooth front for a qualifier if the wear is minimal and I want more entry steering/ less on power steering. Example when I start a qualifier with my internal ratio of 104% overdriven front, factor in the 2mm split and it is really close to 1:1 and as the tires wear it goes from under driven to over driven and the car gains steering as the run progresses. It's really a question if finding what works for you on a particular track. The front tyres of sedan of the same shore rating are actually harder than the rears of a similar shore rating. It's all an attempt to make the cars handle well through an hour main event. Just like other adjustments it's another way to make the car handle best for you.

Hope this helps