R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 AM
ScottKelly911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory48
For those guys who've been running the SNR graphite chassis, are you guys driving them on huge 1/8th scale outdoor tracks? I've been contemplating getting one but I'm worried that it'll snap in half. I run on a huge track with 6 foot jumps. It's either the SNR or the BCE. I need to lighten my truck up especially for the big jumps. Thanks.
I'm running an indoor clay track. No HUGE jumps on the current layout, the biggest jump is this triple (picture below, not my picture, I took it out of the OCRC thread). I've cased it a few times and the snr chassis has held up fine. That being said, if you've got huge jumps then you may request SNR to make you the 4.2mm chassis like Bustanut666's, it still weighs less than the BCE chassis and the extra thickness will be plenty strong since 1/8th scales that use CF chassis use 4mm. I'm running the 3.7mm and I'd be comfortable putting it on a big 1/8th scale outdoor track with big jumps, but the thicker chassis will give you the extra confidence. So far, both Bustanut666 and I have both been very happy with our SNR chassis.