R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 09:30 AM
dino.tw
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by f2000racer
Hey Dino,

When are you going to post the features of the D3R so people can tell the difference. If t he parts are interchangeable, I don't why the D3R will be more powerful than the D3.
Dear F2k,

Why not? Even though all parts are interchangeable,but it dose bring more power with the upgraded parts. Of course a modified engine is not only having modified sleeve or what. I only said something that you can find by your eyes. The other different places are main needle;low speed needle;crankshaft;head pick sleeve/piston;colored light-weigh head....etc. Spend more time to pick them and assembling carefully. You know time is money. If you are a good tuner,you can choice stock engine because you know how to tune it. I don't believe a tuner will buy mod engines. If you do need more power but you don't want to waste time or maybe take risks. The modified version is your best choice.

Sometimes the world is not that fair. Some people are rich but some people are not. A manufactory need to supply different level products for masses. D3R has better performance but it dosen't mean D3 isn't good. The lap time different between mod engine and stock engine should be less than 0.5 second.(same racer;same day;same car) We often can see some guy run faster with his normal engine or lame car. The equipment is not the only one fateful key factor. If you want to win,you have to KNOW your car,your engine and yourself. Your biggest enemy is yourself.... Sorry,off topic....I report myself..

Have fun!
Dino