R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts on R40 for first time Nitro sedan owner...
Old 06-25-2004, 05:31 AM
gonzoY5
Tech Regular

Default Local Parts Support

I don't think local parts support is still such a big issue. Sure it's more convenient to be able to drive down to the local shop and pick up any parts you need. But with the internet, all that's needed is an extra few days to get what you need. A racer will not buy parts as he needs them. Most of us stock up on parts before the race anyways. Sure there's the occasion where you don't have what you need, but if that happens at a race, you usually wont be able to get a hold of it anyways unless another racer has it. Local parts support is great and yes we should support our local shops, but if someone really wants a car that their shop may not have many parts for, they shouldn't have to settle for something else. All the information that's needed to properly setup and maintain any car can be found on the internet. Sometimes you have to dig around to find it, but it's all there. Why should we be at the mercy of our local shops? I'm all for supporting the local economy and try to get my stuff at my LHS as often as possible. Hell they'll even order it for me at no extra cost. But if I need a part for next week and my LHS wont have it, I can just as easily order it online. Oh well, just my thoughts, I always hear about local parts support and I don't think that necessarily applies so much anymore. If you want something that there's local knowledge of, that's one thing, but if you want something different, all the information you need can be found if you try to find it. And oh yeah, just get a Mugen