R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Nick,

I sent this to you in a PM, but thought I would post it hear for the world to read.

The problem is that the hardened inserts that the outdrive rides in are not flush with the bottom of the diff housings. They are very hard and no matter what you do they will wear the shim. Nobody sells a shim that is as hard as that insert. The shims will wear until the outer half touches the housing and then they should stop wearing, or at least wear much slower. By going with a thicker shim you can wear into it a ways and still have material left for the cross pin to ride on.

In a perfect world Losi would update those inserts so that they would sit flush with the housing and this issue would go away.

Chris
Got the PM, Thx for being so Fast about it.

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
mine hadrly showed any wear almost none at all. now did you glue the insert? i didnt in my previous diff rebuids and that inserting moving all over the place made the sun gear shim last a week only. after i put chris kit in there i glued that insert and rtv the outdrive groove and where the o ring sits on and problems fixed. i used the ae grease before but eventually they would leak again, but with the rtv everything is much tighter and no leaks after countless packs.

Yes the Inserts were CA'd in place.

Curious why you would RTV the Grease Groove ? its kinda there for a reason you know.