R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 Forum
Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM
mr lee
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Giorgio
I just buy a TT01R, next year I'd like to compete in TT01 class at the Tamiya National here in Italy.

Just curious, after years of high end touring class, to see where I sit in blocked class....

From my youth I know that blocked doesn't means "equal".... Normally a blocked class means you've to care of every single part twice as much of the open class.

And I've to master the TT01 tricks....

Question, I'm mad in love for Porsche 911, so it would be a nice plus for me (otherwise it will be a BMW WTCC body, my other passion....)

There is a real advantage with the short wheel base? Better stay with the long option?

Bear in mind that (by now) 2 degree rear block are forbidden, so rear toe will be 0.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Giorgio
I have not used the SWB as yet so cannot comment but I have heard that it does not suffer from as much understeer as the standard length does.

Just make sure that everything is super smoothe and that your driving lines are bang on everytime and you should be ok.

Bearings should be washed and then oiled with thin bearing oil....well that is if you are allowed bearings
We are allowed most Tamiya hop ups for the TT01 but the tyres are limited to the racing radials or slicks with silver cans and stock TEU101 or TEU104 esc's.