R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Madhatter55 = Dirt Bag
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 AM
eri3f0g
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
you all need to stop being cheap and buy from your local hobby store then you will not be taken for a ride
Ouch, stings a little. I've spent about $1100 over the last few months getting back into RC's here on RCtech. I wasn't being cheap imo, more that I was trying to get the most for my limited money. Some say, 1000 buck, that's not limited money. Whatever you have is what your limited to and when you want to run 3 classes and get them all up to snuff then a 1000 won't really do it at the LHS.

I also don't have a "local" hobby shop which puts most of my new purchases through tower or Amain.

I'll continue to purchase used here on RCtech and even though there are some scaming "expletive" people on here I think with caution and research you can find some great deals and continue helping fellow RC'rs out.

Now, if you said, "quit being cheap and don't pay as a gift" I would have agreed more. Of course, who really cares if I agree or don't. Don't you just love the anonimity of the internet.. even little old me has a voice out in this realm.