Old 06-24-2004, 01:48 PM
rtypec
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: foam setup

Here's a post from Martin...

Originally posted by Martin Crisp
xcrazybenx

For foam racing I made up a front diff and locked the center one-way eventually. I started with the double one-way, but it was hard to be consistent, but with 19 turn it is not too bad wth the double oneways.

Here is a base setup

Front

Springs : Assoc purple
swaybar : Tamiya Blue
Shock Oil : Assoc 70
Caster : 4 degrees
Roll Center : (Moderate) Upper links have no spacers. Other than the anit-dive no additional spacers under the hinge pin blocks.
Anti-dive : 1mm spacer under rear hinge pin block
wheelbase : all the way to the back
camber : -1.5 on front left , -1 on front right
Tire : Speedmind 35/52 shore

Rear

Springs : Assoc Copper
Swaybar : none
Shock Oil : Assoc 50
Anti-squat : none
Roll center : (low) Links have no spacers on inner pivot ball. Used inner hole on rear upright. Hinge pin blocks both flat on chassis - i.e. no spacers. You might want to try a 1mm spacer under the inner pivot ball on upper link to make the rear a little more stable.
Rear Toe In : Total 1.5 to 2.0 Since it is a double one-way you may even want to try 2.5 it the car is too twitchy for you. I liked 2.0 with the double one-way and 1.5 with no one-ways.
camber : -2.5 on rear left, -2 on rear right.
wheelbase : all the way tot he back
tire : speedmind 35 shore.

Depending on the track I will run slightly more camber on the left side of the car. i.e. most tracks seem to have their highest speed corners turning right. So to ge a more even tire wear I add just a little bit more (maybe .5 degree) camber on the left side.