R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22T Thread
Thread: TLR 22T Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
J-milz
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I was reading the last few pages of this "official" 22t forum and the 1 thing that seem to keep popping up on this trread was losi's choice to go with the stadium truck over the more popular short course route.
The reason? Popularity... The slash has made it possible for the average Joe and their kid to buy a kit and race for about $200. Kids, the average weekly racer saw it on tv and said "I want it". Who did not own a slash at 1 point of their hobby life?
The other manufacturers jump on board and made kick az race kits. That killed the slash's momentum. The intrest grew seeing the TORC trucks on tv rocking Traxxas logos, seeing replicas of your favorite racer truck, and going out to race, and bang on the weekend.
ST trucks use to be the thing and ofna tried to revive it a bit by coming out with the TT. They even had a TT class near me, however that went away with the popularity of the 4wd sct.
I will buy one of these, because I'm a adventurous Losi fan. It will also revive the st class a bit. Which is great for Losi. Not to mention the smaller companies comming out with conversion kits. I personally cant wait to steal the shocks off this truck and try them on my xxx sct.

Bottom line........ the day Losi makes a 22SCT, this truck will go the way of the dodo's as well. You'd be lucky to have two full heats of A and B main ST trucks at your local track. So enjoy it now fellas.