R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - One of new buggies
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
John.
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drs92
How does the 8ight 2.0 compare to lets a Agama or Serpent.. Same handling characteristics, durablilty, ect?
I run an A8 but have also had some time with a friends 8ight 2.0. This is just my opinion. To me they handled very similarly. I think if you like the Losi and did well with it you would also like the Agama and do well with that too. The Agama may have just felt a touch more nimble and accelerated harder, not by a lot though and could have certainly come down to setup. I do prefer the Agama's versatility to move weight around not only with the battery but servos (probably could do that with the Losi too with slight modifications). I also preferred the big bore shocks of the Agama (17mm v 15mm), just more consistent in changing weather conditions.

Agama "fanboys" (Im certainly not one, I appreciated all RC models) don't like to admit it, but there is a lot of Losi in the Agama design. I just feel who ever designed the Agama made slight improvements which gives it the edge IMHO. Love them or hate them Losi came out with a very original design a few years ago and took 1/8th buggy into a newer direction. Some have followed others have not. The Losi is still a very competitive package.

I also believe the Serpent and Durango is a very original design. I mean there is so much of reinventing the wheel you can do right.

Durability wise my Agama is very strong, lot less slop than the Losi with same mileage. But in saying that as the Losi got sloppier it didn't seem to affect it's handling, if anything it got better. Breakages have been only 1 rear carbon tower for me and a front diff casing for the 8eight which was caused by a WOT high speed crash. The crash was so bad I thought there would have been much more damage. But I was surprised to see how much the Losi withstood. From what I've seen it's a tough little buggy.

Hope this helps.