R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC5X or TC6?
Thread: TC5X or TC6?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 05:57 PM
bfong13
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slokomo
Ok so I am in a bind as whether to upgrade my old TC5 to an Exotek TC5X or just bite the bullet and get a TC6. I bought the TC5 in 2009 and haven't used it a whole lot because I joined the military soon afterwards so I have some reservations about replacing it with a brand new car. I've been doing some research on the TC5 thread and it seems a lot of people have had tweak and balance issues with the stock chassis. The Exotek chassis and the TC6 seem to solve these issues. So can anyone with some experience with these two cars give some insight? Does the TC5X chassis work well or is it worth it to spend the cash and get a TC6? I appreciate any repsonses!
About two seasons ago, I had a TC5, and then after a bit, upgraded it with an Exotek chassis. The Exotek chassis made an improvement over the stock TC5 chassis, but IMO, if you want to be competetive, you'll have to go with the TC6. The TC6 has much improved geometry over that of the TC5 and Exotek, and it competes with Xrays and Tamiyas. It all depends on how competitive you want to be and how ready you are to sink some money into this hobby.