R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 08-13-2011, 07:12 AM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
With the battery inline, the weight was still offset to the rear as the balance point is still well behind the front pivot location of the links or flex plates. The front mount battery has the furthest forward weight bias of all 3 positions and did yield the fastest lap times and most consistent runs. The balance point though is still behind the front pivots.
The forward weight positioning does work very well for high bite carpet as it definitely makes the car more smooth and easier to drive. It is not nearly as touchy. And with the increased wheelbase, the car rotates much more freely without scrubbing off speed. If you remember in TC a few years back when Corally was ruling the carpet scene, they had a much longer wheelbase than anything on the market. That car would pretty much drive itself on carpet. Now all of the TC's are made that way. This works the same. The 1/12th cars are so light now with the 1S LiPo's, that the square footprint of the current cars just isnt as efficient as they used to be.
Now to answer questions that i am sure you all will have, If i do release this kit it will be as a high traction Conversion kit. The current CH12 will not be replaced. This will be an option kit that can be purchased. The current CH12 works great in any condition. The parts i am working with now will be a dedicated high traction carpet setup.
Will you be racing the prototype at iic