R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Differential locking up?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:35 PM
T. Herwig
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Differential locking up?

Hey there,

At a recent race day I had a bearing go bad during a race and this led to many problems. My center diff case was messed up as well as the front and a differential pinion as well. I went ahead and replaced both pinions, all new spider gears, all new bearings, and I'm still getting a horrendous grinding noise on power and deceleration. I have torn it apart multiple times now and have literally replaced every single part from the front, center, and rear diffs as well as refilled the fluids. I had just rebuilt them all maybe but three weeks ago too. I am just at lost and cannot figure it out. As soon as I attempt to test it, it has the worst grinding. I pull the center diff, and it's completely locked up. I can't even rotate it by hand. Keep in mind all the gears in the center diff are brand new as well as the case. I then take apart the entire diff, and then reassemble it and it's smooth again until it's put on power. Any suggestions or ideas you guys may be able to open me to are appreciated because at this point I'm just not sure.
Thanks