R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to on road action need help !!!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Phill750
Tech Rookie

Default New to on road action need help !!!

Hi there all!!! Joined today because i have always loved rc nitro cars ever since i was young and have never really stopped.
Need some advice though as i have only ever really been a buggy man. I currently have an XTM XT2 but have done loads of mods to it including lock diff and Force 36 engine with 17 tooth clutch bell. ( it goes well )

The advice i need is on a new purchase. Ages ago my friend had one of the Schumacher fusion 21's. I always liked it as it was fast and reliable. So the other day i went and treated myself to a new 28 turbo It is all run in now and just needs leaning off a touch although it is so fast not sure there is much point. I have had it maybe 3/4 chat in 3rd and then nearly binned it so thought i would calm it down a bit. The problem i am having is even going through the gears slowly then flooring it in 3rd it still seems to wheel spin even on good tarmac. I was wondering whether there is a better option to the foam tyres it comes with. Maybe some slightly bigger rubber ones. Grip is important as its an animal and it will end up meeting with a kirb at 80 mph which will almost certainly be the end of it.

Please help us out with this one chaps as it is out of my Buggy comfort zone