R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - track size?
Thread: track size?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 AM
EvanAZ
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
Not to sound mean but if you want to copy the worlds track you better go hire some boy scouts to marshal because 2 acres and crashing will blow. Doing somthing this large is hard on eletric sc/10th scale maybe even 8th scale. One of my local tracks is 150x200 (revelation raceway) and its pretty huge. If your planning on doing a private track on a piece if land thats friendlt for sc eletric/ 1/8 nitro and eletric you may want to size down quite abit. Not trying to bash u but that size will be terrible unless you were planning on a whole club race set up, with a professional built track thats maintained and has marshalls. Alot don't notice because they dont have a track for them selves but almost all tracks need maintnence after the day is over orelse the track turns horrible real quick. That will be alot of work for just a guy and a few buddies to do.

No worries, your not bashing or mean, this is why I am asking opinions.

I do have a troup of boyscouts that will be helping to run/maintain it.

The lot is 2 acres, but don't need to run that big. We may even have room to do a 1/10 and an 1/8 so just looking for suggestions.

How wide are the lanes suppose to be on 1/10 - 1/8 we were thinking 10-12' but some tracks look a lot wider.