View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Randy Caster
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: What is new with the xxx-s

Originally posted by meche
Hey guys,

I finally getting back into RC racing after a 2 year break. Work, family, and the house took over my time, but I'm ready to jump back in. I only drove my XXX-S a couple times before I stoped racing. Last night I started cleaning the car, but I assume you all have learned a lot over the last few years. Can you give me some pointes, for example anything I should purchase that came out for the car? I have a Novak cyclone which is fine, but I have no idea what is the hot motors and battiers. You will all laugh but I have 2400 still. I will be running mod as no place around me runs stock. My last BIG question is which tires should I get. The track is a paved and allows foam

Thanks
Assuming you have a G+ already, you'll be alright... If not, I'd replace your car with one. Pick up a HD belt kit (pics and part # on Losi's site in new products) anf you should be fine. Reedy Kr seems to be a great motor along with the D6 teardowns. GP3300 packs are the only way to go. Check out the Team Brood and SMC links in my signature, both have high end products and will get you up to speed in a hurry.