R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22T Thread
Thread: TLR 22T Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM
R40Victim
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Well I think that making a high end competition SCT 22 is going in the wrong direction. SC was developed for the beginner in mind and helped a lot of guys and girls get into this sport, and most are still racing or playing with these low end RTR's still and being competitive. Now days most racers don't know the basics or even know how to change a tire. I would say keep the SC class pure and keep the high end vehicles out of this market. A new 22T could bring back the class, the 22 did it for the 2wd buggy class and I think a lot of guys were waiting just for this. Yes TLR can do a 22 SCT but is it good for the class as a whole? Only for the 2% that race and want to and can understand setup, let's keep the SCT class fun and easy and most of all simple for the guy that is coming out to the track for the first time so that can have real fun and be on the same level, Touring car started out just like this and you see what happened to that class.

Bring on the 22T and let's see what the market wants, I think true racers will flock to the 22T and SCT guys will stay in the easy class.
I think this is short sighted. SCT is not just a "Beginner Class", its a full blown race class. The same mentality would've kept good race tread design tires out of SCT as well, and stuck to the pathetic stock RTR "Scale" tread tires. Like it or not, SCT has eclipsed the old ST class. While I agree 2WD buggy got a boost from the 22, I didn't see massive influx of racers into the class. Its a niche market, and I think Losi knows that.

A 22 SCT makes more sense than a ST.