R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 AM
decibels
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Those two set-ups are again- European.

We still run spacing on the outer hub, I personally run 3mm outside, 2mm inside, to keep it almost flat. I could run 1mm outside 0mm inside, but it actually makes the car have less traction.

We use the outside to "tune" our camber gain and the inside to increase or decrease our roll stiffness.

As for roll centers, I remember John Stranahan measured them on the TC5. He found the 1B was about ground level. This would be the roll center that theoretically generates the most grip. The 0B would have a slightly lower one. If I was in low grip, I would try the 1B Roll Center and adjust my springs accordingly. You would be able to get away with soft springs that would handle the bumps, give you better forward bite on the lower grip conditions and it would allow you to run more optimum camber link angles.

Kevin, suck that you didn't like the stud mounts, once you unlock the potential of them, it really is a new world. There is a reason why the Top cars out them have them (not saying the TC6 is not without them though- let's make it clear), it just makes the car more adjustable. But everyone is different, so you have to do what you have to do.

The springs are still about 4-6 weeks out. The swaybar collars hopefully the same or less.

Warren, good job and thanks for the words!
Just thought i would add that one of the things that people forget about the camber link is that it should be balanced with the lower arm. So if you have a lot of angle on the suspension arm (high roll centre) then your camber link will need to be balanced with this which can sometimes look like you have camber gain when you don't. So really the camber link controlls the roll and the amount of camber that will increase and the lower arm controls your roll centre. This creates a problem with this car because if you run b0 that is as low as you can go without creating infinite camber gain. which is why people require so much camber. this will also cause your tires to wear on the edge a lot. so just something to keep in mind!!