R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
I have never had to use external bec's on any of my other mmm and mmp. im using a spectrum s6040 high speed servo, but on the other hand my friend required a bec WITH a savox servo. i dont think its really the mmp (could be at time though) but the servos most of the time. none of my hitec required a bec either so who knows
I consider your spektrum servo choice to be borderline too weak for the SCTE. All of the servo's that I like for the SCTE would be what you could call amp hogs, regardless of their brand. I like fast and ~300ounces of torque, so regardless of brand it's too much for an MMP internal BEC on 2s. I've tried running with weaker servos, but hate the difference in speed when under differing loads, and hate their more fragile gears. I also like to run my steering tight against the saver at lock to get every degree of throw I can get, run the servo saver extremely tight for precision on rough tracks, and lesser servo's can't take that as well and actually pull more amps through the RX under those conditions.

A perfect servo for the SCTE IMHO would be the Savox 1267 or 1268.

95% of the servo's I read about working well with the MMP are insufficient IMO.