R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 01:59 PM
jmackani
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VandelayInc
Dont blame the owner? are you serious? I would def point the finger at the owner. He should not have handed the track over to a group of guys that were not going to dedicate their time to grooming the track and providing us racers with actual racing schedule. This is simple....the owner handed it over to a group of guys that just wanted to race their own cars on it and didnt care if they get 10 people showing or 3. Its ultra frustrating to see a track that is located in a great spot and is all in all a nice facility. Drivers stand looks very good, has lights, and again the layout is not bad, not great either, but with alittle work it can be turned into a premeire offroad track in the northeast. Just totally weird that no one at Hobby Headquarters cares.s
Since you seem to be the expert, why don't you go out and help run the track and maintain it. And yes, I already help maintain two tracks in PA and also assist in running the computer systems. Take some of that internet passion you have going and stop in the hobby shop and talk to the owners. I would not try to use any incentive for the owners because there is not profit in owning and maintaining a track. Tracks cannot be run by a one man team and it takes group of local racers to band together and help with the track. In most cases, those people are pretty hard to find. Everyone always is ready to help, and when the word is put out for the help, those same people always seem to disappear, but they sure know when to show up on race day. If you know the history of how many times the owners have started over with the track, you probably could not blame them for not caring. Racers on race day turn into children at times and it's that stuff that shop owners do not have to succumb themselves to.

Last edited by jmackani; 08-06-2011 at 02:20 PM.