R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
jneg
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Just took my 2nd chassis out to check it, and it sure does seem to flex a lot with the plastic braces.. Thinking maybe this is my problem.. I assume only the 1/7 RTR DM-1 in the US had the plastic chassis braces, right, and the 1/7 that most people had was the Pro, with alu.. Which would explain why I've never heard about chassis flex issues with this car - IF in fact I'm right and this is my problem.. Maybe all these folks tripling up on their CB bearings could also make life easier on themselves if they had alu chassis braces too...

While we're at it, should I also maybe consider an alu quick-change motor mount - maybe the Kingz Heads extended?.. Do they fit %100?

EDIT - that looks stupid. The KH mounts are separate for Picco engines... I have various engines I want to be able to run, including a Picco P7 Evo 3....
I have the quick changemount and they are great (not King Headz but their suspension braces are excellent and very light). Picco motors are a bit beefier around the outer bearing and this is why there are mounts for Picco. But you can get the mounts for Picco and use them for the different motors but not the other way around. The only difference will be that the front end will be shallower on the mount for Picco than the other regular mount.

The bearing issue in my point of view has nothing to do with the braces. Many of my fellow GT racers here have tried to fix that problem with the Al braces thinking that chassis flex has something to do with it but they still had problems until they went with multiple bearings.